During this time that everyone is staying home it’s hard not to eat all the snacks in the fridge and go just feel Full! The Quarantine 15 isn’t something I want to be apart of especially after already going through the pregnancy 50. Losing weight is my goal right now and staying full and way from the bluebell cookie two step is harder than I thought it would be but I’ve managed! So I thought I would share another yet yummy recipe even your toddler would love to eat!
In my house hold my husband can be a picky eater when it comes to eating vegetables it’s like I asked him to pull all of his teeth. And yet I think he would rather do that than eat a piece of broccoli. So I’ve had to come up with new and creative ideas to get him and our toddler Paighton to eat as many vegetables as I can. So let’s get started!
Items your will need!
• 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into pieces or strips)
•1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
• 3 Garlic Cloves Minced or grated
• 1/2 cup of shredded carrots (or as many as you would like, also optional)
• 1 bag of spaghetti noodles
• 2 cups of broccoli florets
• 1/2 red or green bell pepper (optional)
• Fresh cut scallion, for garnish (optional)
•Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
For the sauce
(You can always double the sauce recipe if you would like).
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon of brown sugar or white (or honey)
• 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
•2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
• 2 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
• 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
• Fresh cracked black pepper to taste!
– Start out with boiling your spaghetti noddles in a pot with salted water cook the noodles according to the package directions. Add your broccoli florets with your noddles the last 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
– While the pasta is cooking whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper and black pepper in a bowl.
– Season Chicken strips (or pieces) to taste with salt and black pepper. Add olive oil to a medium size skillet and cook chicken over medium heat until slightly golden. Stir in the garlic, red bell peppers and carrots and cook for a few minutes but don’t over cook.
– Transfer the cooked noodles and broccoli to the skillet and combine the sauce. Reheat for a couple of minutes and serve with the optional sesame seeds and scallions garnishes on top!
You can always omit the chicken for a vegetarian option!