Ever since I was little this has always been a family bonding time between my dad and I. His mom cooked it for him, than he cooked it for me and now I’m cooking it for my family!
Yes you read the title right! It’s chocolate gravy!!!!! What’s better than that on a late morning over warm biscuits and spending time with the ones you love! For years my dad would make it for me and all I remember was the “work” you had to put into it. Standing at the stove constantly stirring the pot for a good 15 minutes making sure it wouldn’t burn! Oooo the smell of burnt food isn’t a good smell for my kitchen. So I did my own research and found a much faster, more officiant way to make chocolate gravy with the same great taste! Now if your on a “diet” this is definitely a recipe you have to stop for!
ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!!!!
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 Cups of whole milk (any milk works tho)
- 4 tablespoons of butter (1/2 stick)
How to make it!!!
- In a pot (not over heat…yet) combine the three dry ingredients. Sugar, Cocoa powder and flour. And whisk till all the clumps have disappeared.
- Add in the milk and whisk till it’s all combined
- Heat the pot over medium heat and store continuously till the pot starts to boil.
- Wants the pot starts to boil ,Adjust the temperature to low and continue to whisk till the gravy starts to thicken. This can take about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the pot from the stove and add in your butter till it melts!
- Top of the warm gravy over biscuits and EAT!
This recipe takes little to no time to make and quicker to devour!!! Enjoy!!!